Living in Texas, it's nice to see that we won 6 medals for four different breweries. Or maybe 5 medals for three breweries, depending on how you count. Trumer appears to be a Austrian beer brewed in Berkeley, owned by a San Antonio-based company. I'll leave that tricky distinction up to you.
I look forward to next year's GABF, when Texas should have even more breweries online and ready to compete. In the mean time, I need to get a brewery tour of Real Ale, and maybe another tour of Saint Arnold.
Keep up the delicious work, all of you!
- Silver: Saint Arnold Elissa IPA, Saint Arnold Brewing Co., Houston, TX
- Silver: Saint Arnold Oktoberfest, Saint Arnold Brewing Co., Houston, TX
- Gold: Saint Arnold Fancy Lawnmower Beer, Saint Arnold Brewing Co., Houston, TX
- Gold: Rio Blanco Pale Ale, Real Ale Brewing Co., Blanco, TX
- Bronze: Cowboy Lager, The Covey Restaurant & Brewery, Fort Worth, TX
- Gold: Trumer Pils, Trumer Brauerei Berkeley, San Antonio, TX